Saturday, August 24, 2013

Walter Van Beirendonck Exhibition

Looking through some photos from about a month ago, I saw some photos from Walter Van Beirendonck's exhibition 'Dream the world awake'. Mum decided to take my brother and I out for the day. Didn't really know what we were in for, but when we got there.. we definitely came to like it. Saw some pretty crazy outfits. I would definitely love to be seen wearing some of these outfits. They are definitely my type of thing. If you ever get the chance to see any of his exhibitions, I highly recommend you taking that opportunity. You can see inspiration from so many aspects. You can see some incorporation from of the 70's, the 80's, the 90's, cowboys, rock and role, hippy, nature, carnival, Marie Antoinette-esk, ski suit, goth, indie, various cultures, and much more. See what else you can spot... 
Few of the outfits on display

What was on the wall and in the video that was playing

brother and I (mum says I look like one of his outfits)

Walter Van Beirendonck on the plastic curtain

More of what was on the walls and in the video

No comments:

Post a Comment